Combining challenging commercial and logistical work, international colleagues and customers and sustainability; it's possible! As a Product Manager you are an entrepreneur, account manager and product specialist in one. The company works internationally and in different sectors such as food, pharmaceuticals and healthcare. You will focus on the food sector and you will be in frequent contact with food ingredient suppliers about quality, advice and logistics.
As a Product Manager you are constantly in contact with customers and the internal organization about how to use the ingredients in the best way. You will be working closely with an international Product Manager who can teach you all the tricks of the trade and ensure that you have a steep development curve. The Product Manager will combine daily activities such as logistics and contacting suppliers, with international strategic work such as setting up business review meetings.
The Product Manager will be working for one of the world's leading companies within the sales, distribution and marketing of chemicals and ingredients. You can find the company all over the world the head office is located in Rotterdam. The company works for many different industries, such as food, coatings, personal healthcare, household and pharmaceuticals.
Allow us to give you some examples. Customers can call them for advice or the right ingredients to make a veggie burger juicier. Or another customer might call them because they want to reduce their impact on an ecosystem by using new materials or ingredients. In Rotterdam you will find 80 colleagues, both Dutch and international. The atmosphere within the company is informal, but professional.
The position of Product Manager summarized:
- You are informed when it comes to supply and demand, market developments, the fluctuation of prices and availability of products and ingredients. You are in frequent contact with suppliers and the internal organization (sales);
- Forecasting and inventory planning; combining commercial and logistics! This means that you have a broad responsibility and can have a great impact on the commercial organization;
- You have a keen eye on the performance of suppliers. You stand for efficiency and a good price / quality ratio. This already starts with the supplier;
- In addition, you ensure that the use of BI is used by all departments, suppliers and in processes;
- You report to the International Product Manager. You can spar with him over market developments, prices, products and availability. You will also work closely with other Product Managers from other continents.
You will be working for a growing international company, which is noticeable in the general atmosphere. Dutch and English are the spoken languages, people are ambitious and growth creates opportunities. You are ambitious yourself and would like to be part of this! You get a lot of responsibility and are responsible for your own growth and development. And what will you find in the contract?
- A gross salary indication between €4000,- and €4600,-;
- 28 paid holidays;
- A premium free pension;
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed;
- The company offers additional training and education. If you think that a certain study or training will help you, you will look into it together;
- Parties and get-togethers. Think of Christmas, Easter or the herring parties. We work hard, but there is plenty of room for relaxation!
You will fit in well at this company if you communicate well on different levels, you can work on projects and fit in with a company where professionalism is combined with a pleasant and informal working atmosphere. And what else?
- You completed a study in the direction of Food Technology, marketing, business or management;
- You speak and write the English language at a professional level;
- It is an advantage if you have gained work experience in a work environment where food and business are combined. Certainly not a requirement, but it will give you an edge.
Questions, comments or ready for this to be your new challenge? Email us at email@example.com or apply directly!