Do you enjoy being accountable for the international VAT administration at a Japanese global player? Then this position might suit your wishes, because we need your knowledge and enthusiasm. You will work within an international organization in the automotive industry with its headquarters in the city of Kariya in Japan. This is of course not your new work location, but nice to know. You will work from the European headquarters in Weesp, where 300 employees run the company. The company also has 15 business units and various production locations throughout Europe. In other words, when it comes to VAT, the administration is a big international operation, because the regulations are different in every country! However, you don't see any hick ups, but rather an interesting challenge!
The position as VAT specialist
You don't need to know all the tricks to start in the role as a VAT Financial Administrator, but you do bring international VAT experience along and ofcourse you are interested in becoming a specialist in international VAT. The finance team you will be working in consists of twelve colleagues who deal with each other professionally, but tell each other a joke every now and then! This team is responsible for the finance & accounting of all the European entities. You will have enough financial knowledge around you, but in this role you are solely responsible for VAT, in other words you manage the entire VAT process. You report to the Senior Finance & Accounting manager, hence you always have a backup!
In brief; what are your duties as a VAT Specialist:
- You will be the point of contact and responsible for international VAT returns.
- Maintaining contact with VAT consultants and external parties. In addition, you provide additional information if requested for VAT audits.
- Monitoring VAT refunds.
- You also actively participate in the implementation of a new reporting system regarding VAT.
- You will support other departments with difficult questions about VAT. Think of AP and AR.
- Reconciliation of VAT returns with relevant ledger accounts.
- A salary indication between €3200 and €4200 on a full-time basis
- 38 days off a year! Made up of 25 vacation days and 13 adv days
- In addition, the company has a 13th month
- There is also a pension scheme and collective health insurance that any family members can also join
- There is a travel allowance of a maximum of €125 per month, but if you work at home you will receive an allowance of 2 euros per day
- Parking in front of the door or a station nearby when you travel by public transport
- You can have lunch in the company canteen with the occasional, yes, fresh sushi!
You are the right candidate if you have gained between 2-5 years of work experience in an international environment, where you have had to deal with international VAT and general ledger accounts. During this period you have experienced that you have a strong affinity for international VAT and would like to become a specialist in this. Further:
- Do you have at least a HBO diploma in your pocket?
- Do you speak English on a professional level?
- Do you master Excel?
Than send us your resume! Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020-6124945. We'd love to hear from you!